Note: GDPR compliance is an evolving process and we expect to update this document as further advice
and examples become available from the Information Commissioner's office.
Document Version 1.0.0 - Effective From 2017.01.04
1. Who we are
We are Clark & Carter - a trading name of Clark & Carter Restorations LTD. We own and operate
this website. Our contact details are available on our contact page. Please contact us if you have any
questions or feedback about this policy.
2. The point of this policy
- 2.1 This policy tells you how we deal with any personal data that might be collected via our website. This
includes what kinds of data we collect, how we use and protect it, to whom we disclose it and how you can
access and rectify it.
- 2.2 Please do not use our site unless you are completely happy with this policy. If you do use our site, we
will assume that you are happy and you do accept it.
3. Changes to this policy
It is possible that this policy might be changed or updated over time. You should check this policy
whenever you visit our site. We will assume you agree to the revised policy if you use the site after the
effective date shown at the top of the policy.
4. The data we collect
- 4.1 We collect and store information that you give us via forms on our website - such as your name,
address, email address, phone number and so on - or when communicating with us by email (via contact forms
on the site) or in some other way.
- 4.2 We may receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us. Examples include the
internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, connection information such as
browser type and version, your operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you
enter on our system, login details, the full URL stream to, through and from our site (including date and time),
cookie number, activity on our website including the pages you visited and searches you made.
- 5.1 We use a limited number of safe cookies – please review our cookies policy further information.
6. How we use your personal data
- 6.1 We use your personal data to provide our services.
- 6.2 We use your personal data to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via
our site including verification of any claims you may make.
- 6.3 If you have agreed on our site, we may use your personal data to send you emails (or other communications)
with details of our or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you - including information
about special offers or promotions.
- 6.4 We may use personal data to recognise you when you visit or return to our site so we can prevent or detect
fraud or abuses or to help us improve our site and services.
- 6.5 We retain personal data from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and
conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any
investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
- 6.6 We may access, remove, alter, store or otherwise use any personal data if we have reason to believe that it
breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal
act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
7. How we protect personal data
- 7.1 Security is a high priority. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data from loss, misuse,
unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction using the same safeguards as we use for our own
- 7.2 Email and other electronic communications are not secure if they have not been encrypted. Your communications
may pass through servers in a number of countries before they reach us. So we do not accept responsibility for any
unauthorised access to or loss of personal data that stems from a cause beyond our control. Nor can we be held
responsible for the actions or omissions of other users or third parties who may misuse your personal data which
they collect from the site.
8. Remarketing Policy
We may use your information to enable remarketing. Remarketing is a way for us to connect with users based upon
past interactions with the Clark & Carter website. Third-party marketing vendors may be hired by Clark & Carter
to perform remarketing services. As a result, third-party vendors, including Google, may show Clark & Carter
on a user's prior visits to the Clark & Carter website.
To opt out of customised Google Display Network ads click here. To find out more about how Google uses any data it
collects please visit http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
Any information collected by us is used only for remarketing purposes.
9. Disclosure of personal data
- 9.1 We do not provide your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
- 9.2 We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary:
- a) if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are
necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required
to do so by law or appropriate authority; or
- b) in the case of an actual or proposed sale (including negotiations for) or merger or business
combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
- 9.3 We may store or transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated in this policy.
- 9.4 Except as otherwise specifically included in this policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure
of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to third parties, whether they are other users
of our site or other websites, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of your information.
10. How you can access and rectify personal data
- 10.1 You can access and rectify your personal data by contacting us by the means shown on our website. We may
charge an administration fee in line with data protection laws.
- 10.2 For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, please visit the UK Information Commissioner
Clark & Carter's Terms & Conditions of trading can be obtained on request.