1949 Bentley Mk VI by James Young
Model: Mk VI
External Colour:Blue/Shell Grey
Body Style:James Young
Bodied by Bromley specialist James Young, the Mk VI was produced from 1946-1952, Bentleys first post second world-war offering.
This semi razor-edged style with ultra thin windscreen pillars originated in 1939 and proved very successful when re-introduced post-war. Front and rear wings keep their separate identities, whilst an upright radiator grille sits at the forefront. 16-inch steel disc wheels have replaced previous wire wheels, with the front and rear doors hinged on a centre pillar.
The elegantly trimmed interior incorporates fold-down picnic tables in the backs of the front seats and complete with a radio, which was a standard fitment. The passenger is provided with a grab handle and a clock, which is set into the lid of the glove compartment.
This Mk VI has undergone a total rebuild by ourselves and as a result of this it won ‘best in class’ at the 2006 RREC Annual Rally, with the car remaining in excellent condition.
There is no denying that this post-war 2 door saloon bodied by James Young is a machine of utmost refinement, providing brisk performance and substantial luxury.
Get in touch about this car
Tel: 01376 584392